The Academy Scholars Program recognizes and funds brilliant scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences (including history and law) with a command of the language, history, or culture of non-Western countries or regions. Their scholarship may clarify domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present.
Duration: 2 years (Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies)
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars: annual stipend of $67,000
- Pre-doctoral Academy Scholars: annual stipend of $31,000
- stipend is complemented by funding for conference, research travel, research assistants, health insurance coverage
- Some teaching is permitted but not required.
Nationality: Applications are open for qualified scholars to all nationalities, gender, or race.
Fields of Study:
- African Studies
- Asian Studies
- East Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Ethnic Studies
- Global Health
- History of Science—non-Western
- Inner Asian and Altaic Studies
- International Relations
- Latin American and Iberian Studies
- Medieval Studies—non-Western
- Middle East Studies
- Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations
- Political Economy and Government
- Political Science
- Public Policy
- Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia
- Sanskrit and Indian Studies
- Slavic Languages and Civilization
- Social Policy
- Social Studies
- South Asian Studies
- Southeast Asian Studies
- Ukrainian Studies
- Women, Gender, & Sexuality—non-Western
- Applicants must be already registered or have recently completed Doctorate or equivalent doctoral program in the social sciences.
- Pre-doctoral applicants must have finished all field research and be in the writing stage of their dissertation at the time of application.
- If applicant has completed a PhD program, the PhD completion date must be within 03 years of the application deadline.
- Note: It is not essential to apply specifically as a pre-doctoral or postdoctoral candidate, as the Selection Committee considers all applicants in one applicant pool.
How to Apply:
Following documents are required:
- Latest CV with a list of publications (include 3 copies)
- Statement of proposed research (max 2,500 words; include 3 copies)
- Graduate transcript (official copy)
- Letters of recommendation- 03
- Cover letter which concisely describes the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed or actual research topic (include 3 copies)
|Fellowship Level||Pre-Doctoral, Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, History, Law|
|Fellowship amount||Varies for both positions|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
Applications for the 2022 postdoc fellowship will open on June 1, 2021!!!
- Name of Organisation Field Value