The Hartmut Hoffmann-Berling International Graduate School of Molecular and Cellular Biology (HBIGS) invite students to part of its PhD programme. University is offering excellent research opportunities and comprehensive academic and complementary training in a vibrant and stimulating scientific environment.
- Life Sciences
- Structural biology
- Molecular medicine
- Systems biology
- Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications throughout the whole year. Admission rounds take place once every month and are scheduled for 7/8 Mar, 25/26 Apr, 13/14 Jun, and 1/2 Aug 2019.
Students who wish to become a member of HBIGS may apply via one of two tracks:
The Fast Track
- The Fast Track is only to be used by MSc students of Heidelberg University who are enrolled either in the Molecular Biosciences, Molecular Biotechnology, or Biochemistry program and who are already accepted as a prospective PhD student by a member of the HBIGS faculty.
- Applicants who will continue their PhD thesis in the lab where the MSc thesis was done are to apply to HBIGS before finishing the MSc thesis (the MSc thesis is finished with the passing of the oral defense).
Regular Track (students coming from outside Heidelberg University)
The Regular Track is to be used by:
- Applicants who are not yet accepted as prospective PhD student by a member of the HBIGS faculty. These students either coming from Heidelberg University or from outside Heidelberg is invited to submit their applications to advertised PhD positions and/or to submit an unsolicited application.
- Students may apply to up to three advertised PhD positions within the deadlines set for the respective projects. Students applying to advertised PhD positions are expected to receive their final degree before the start of the respective PhD projects.
- Secondary school leaving certificate
- Academic records
- Statement of Purpose
- Contact details and letters of two referees
- Fill in and upload the “Statement of acceptance as PhD student”. Please upload the document in the field “Academic records”.
Life Sciences, Biosciences, Structural biology, Bioinformatics, Molecular medicine, Biotechnology, Immunology, Systems biology
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||7/8 Mar, 25/26 Apr, 13/14 Jun, and 1/2 Aug 2020|