Heisenberg Programme provide brilliant researchers who fulfill the requirements for appointment to a long-term professorship with the opportunity to prepare for a leading position in science and research and to use the time to work on an advanced research topic.
About the program:
- aimed particularly at researchers who have qualified for professorship via the Emmy Noether Programme, DFG project positions, industrial research activity, or mid-level faculty positions
- target group also encompasses junior professors, those with a habilitation, and German researchers returning to Germany or qualified foreign researchers who would like to pursue an academic or scientific career in Germany
- applicant must be young researchers of all disciplines who qualify for a professorship by holding a habilitation or equivalent qualification and who have proven themselves by carrying out particularly outstanding research
- High scientific quality and originality of a research project at an international level and the potential for gaining further qualifications as a university teacher
- Applicants for a Heisenberg professorship must also participate in the host institution’s professorial appointment process.
- The host university must create a position and indicate how this position constitutes a structural development.
- The university must guarantee that it will assume funding for the position from its own budget once the DFG’s five-year funding period has expired, provided this is legally admissible in the respective state.
- fellowship grant of €4,450 (for living expenses); general funding allowance
Duration: maximum 5 years
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
- Name of Organisation Field Value