HKU Presidential Post-doctoral Fellowship (HKU-PPF)
University of Hong Kong (HKU) launched the Presidential Postdoc Fellowships (HKU-PPF) in 2019 with the objective of hosting the world’s finest postdoc talents to undertake frontier research at HKU. They will receive an attractive stipend with additional accommodation, research and conference grants as well as other appointment benefits.
Applicants must have demonstrated outstanding intellectual quality and have original and innovative ideas to tackle complex and emerging problems, the courage to open new research frontiers, and the ambition to be a global leader in academia, research or related pursuits. Typical candidates will be fresh PhD graduates of leading global universities with highest distinction and awards, although outstanding postdoc candidates within two years of graduation from a PhD program may also be considered.
Fellowship, Terms and Benefits
Up to three-year appointment term;
Annual salary of at least HK$621,600* (~US$80,000) (including an accommodation subsidy, subject to terms and conditions), and the following employment/annual benefits:
- Research grant of HK$50,000 (~US$6,400);
- Conference support of HK$16,500 (~US$2,100); and
- Annual leave, medical benefits and access to a range of campus facilities.
Interested applicants should apply online and upload the following documents:
- Cover letter of max two (02) pages including the proposed Faculty/Department and preferred supervisor/advisor;
- Curriculum vitae with full publication list;
- Official PhD certificate and transcripts;
- Succinct research proposal of max five A4 pages;
- List of top three publications plus a brief synopsis.
Applicants who would like to apply to the School of Biological Sciences under the Faculty of Science should refer to the advertisement (Ref. 500342) and apply to the corresponding job posting.
Applications are invited year-round but should be submitted at least six months before the proposed appointment start date.Shortlisted applicants will be requested to arrange for at least three references, including one from their PhD supervisor/advisor.
|Organization||University of Hong Kong|
|Type of position||postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Biomedical Science|