Sitaram Jindal Research Fellowship Scheme encourages and inspires the talent and recognizes excellence in innovation and research. SJ Foundation would manage the Research Fellowship Scheme on behalf of JAL.
- Up to Rs. 1 lakh/month
- The amount would also depend on Qualifications and Experience, Track Record, Quality of Publications and Recognitions, Relevance and Importance of the Research Topic for the common man.
- Research Fellow will also get a Contingency grant of a maximum of Rs. 10 lakhs every year, the amount of which will also depend upon the need of such contingency funding.
- The Fellowship will be awarded to the individual who is attached to the Institutions which provides all the infrastructure facilities
- The application should be sent through the Host Institution suitably recommended by the Head of the Dept.
- Host Institution will get Rs. 4 lakhs/year/Research Fellow as overhead expenditure and for monitoring, supervising and controlling the fellow
- Engineering and Technology
- Medicine including Indian Systems of Medicine
- Veterinary Science
- Open to all Indian nationals living in India or abroad.
- The Research work must be carried out in India.
- Applicants of Indian origin who have attained foreign nationality are not eligible.
- Applicant must have doctorate or MD/MS in Medicine or M Tech or equivalent, in the relevant field.
- Applicant must have proven high competence academically and research track record proved by the publications, recognitions and IPRs obtained.
- Fellows employed by the Host Institution, must dedicate at least 50% of their time on research under this fellowship scheme.
- All the other research fellows (not employed) by the Host Institution must carry out research continuously on full time basis under this fellowship scheme.
- 3 years initially; can be extended up to a maximum 6 years depending upon the quality and the quantity of the research work done.
- The applications for fellowship can be sent any time of the year. There is no last date.
- The Host Institution shall forward the hard copy of the application received from the applicant after filling up Part-2 of the application form along with supporting documents signed by the Head of Dept. with their recommendation on their official letterhead.
- Applications must be sent to: The Secy. General, Sitaram Jindal Foundation, 11, Green Avenue, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070 by post.
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
|Subject areas||Science, Engineering, Medicine, Agriculture|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
|Deadline||Rolling (apply any time of the year)|