ICFO fellowship program is inviting applications for upto 10 PhD positions to well-qualified graduate students, who are seeking to pursue doctoral degree in any of the research fields covered at ICFO. The positions are part of the ICFOstepstone Program, a MSCA-COFUND action of the European Commission. Doctoral scholars at ICFO gain from the extensive course offered at local universities and focused instruction by ICFO professors.
ICFO research groups in the following research areas:
- Biophysics & Biomedical Optics
- Optical Sensing, Optoelectronics & Photovoltaics
- Nonlinear Optics, Ultrafast Optics & Atto-Physics
- Nanophotonics, Optomechanics & Nanomechanics
- Experimental Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Theoretical Nanophotonics, Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Applicant must hold a Master degree or equivalent degree (internationally-recognized).
- Master’s degree must be in a field of science and engineering relevant to the ICFO research activities.
- Degrees issued within the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) must have an equivalent to 300 ECTS, out of which a minimum of 60 ECTS must have been obtained in PG studies.
- Applicant must have an outstanding academic record, earlier research experience and a strong zeal for scientific research.
- Applicant must not have resided in Spain form more than 12 of the last 36 months.
- The Master-equivalent degree should not be older than 4 years.
- Applicant must have a high working knowledge of English.
- Apply online (See the link below)
- Cover letter with research interests
- Scanned copies of the completed degrees; Bachelor and Master equivalent; academic transcripts in English or Spanish
- Scanned copies of the degree certificates (if available)
- 2 references with contact e-mail. The referees must send reference letters directly firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.
- The print-out of the equivalence calculation accomplished via the Foreign Credits webtool.
- Scanned copy of standardized test results (GRE/TOEFL)- if available
|Organization||ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences|
|Subject areas||Physics, Nanotechnology, Bio sciences|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||1 March 2020|
- Name of Organisation Field Value