ICTS-Simons: The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) invites applications for the ICTS-Simons postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2019-2020. The program is funded by a targeted grant to ICTS by the Simons Foundation, is aimed at attracting world-leading young researchers to ICTS as postdoctoral fellows.
The institute provides a stimulating scholarly atmosphere and state-of-the-art facilities for academic research.
Eligibility for ICTS-Simons Fellowship:
- Applicant must be highly qualified young scientists with proven track record.
- Applicant must hold Doctorate in physics, mathematics, astronomy, theoretical physical chemistry, theoretical physical biology and related fields.
- Scholars who have submitted their PhD thesis may also apply for the fellowship.
Salary and benefits
- Salary: Rs. 60,000/month
- fellows may opt for free Institute accommodation or a HRA of Rs. 15,000/month
- health insurance, travel support up to Rs. 200,000/year
- research grant of Rs. 200,000/year for computing services, publications, relocation, and other direct costs
- Fellows may also apply for additional travel and research grants offered by the national funding agencies.
Duration: initially 2 years; may be extended up to a 3rd year.
Renewal will depend on a comprehensive review of the scientific activity of the Fellow.
How to Apply:
- Qualified and interested candidates must APPLY ONLINE with the following documents:
- List of publications
- Research proposal (max. 2 pages)
- Covering letter
- 3 recommendation letters to be sent directly to the ICTS
|Organization||International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
Physics, Mathematics, Astronomy, Theoretical Physical Chemistry, Theoretical Physical Biology
|Fellowship amount||Rs. 60,000/month + other allowances|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1 December 2018|
- Total Jobs 5 Jobs
- Address India