Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai (IIT Bhilai) invites applications from Indian nationals including Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), and Foreign* Nationals for the posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- covers relocation expenses for a new faculty member and provides significant startup research grant
- Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) of Rs.3 lakhs for every block of 3 years to meet the expenses for participating in international and national conferences and paying the membership fee of various professional bodies and contingent expenses
- attractive Contributory Health Services Scheme (faculty and their families)
Salary: Pay Band 3 (Rs.15600-39100) with AGP of Rs. 8000.00 (pre-revised) (or AGP of Rs. 7000.00 (pre-revised)
- Applicant must hold Ph.D. in a relevant area with first class or equivalent grades at the preceding degree and with a consistently good academic record.
- For a fresh Ph.D., the position will be on a contract basis for the first three years and will be regularized afterward as per the applicable procedure and subject to performance evaluation.
- For those with three or more years of teaching/research/industrial experience, regular appointments can be made.
Salary: Pay Band 4 (Rs.37400-67000) with AGP of Rs. 9500.00 (pre-revised)
- Applicant must hold Ph.D. in a relevant area with a consistently good academic record.
- A minimum of 6 years teaching/research/professional experience of which 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor, Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Engineer in a research organization or industry as on the date of application.
- Applicant must not exceed 45 years of age.
Salary: Pay Band 4 (Rs.37400-67000) with AGP of Rs.10500.00 (pre-revised) for direct recruits.
- Applicant must hold a Ph.D. in a relevant area with a consistently good academic record.
- A minimum of 10 years teaching/research/professional experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in a research organization or industry, as on the date of application.
- The candidate should have demonstrated leadership in research in a specific area of specialization in terms of guidance of M.Tech. and Ph.D. students, and have a strong record of sponsored research, publications in reputed journals and referred conferences, patents, laboratory/course development and other recognized relevant professional activities.
- Applicant must not exceed 55 years of age
Qualified candidates may apply with the following:
- CV with a list of publications
- The proposed research and teaching plan
- Department in which the candidate proposes to work
- Copies of academic testimonials
- Copies of five best research publications
- Names and Addresses (with email addresses and fax numbers) of at least three referees.
- Applications are welcome throughout the year and should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com
*Foreign national here means a person who does not have either an Indian passport or a PIO/OCI card. Foreign nationals can be offered a contractual appointments for up to five years. The appointment can be renewed thereafter.
|Organization||Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai|
Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Humanities
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|