IIT Mandi: Postdoc Position (Chemistry) – Indian Institute of Technology Mandi (IITM)
Advertisement for walk-in interview for a Postdoc position in a sponsored project
Interview will be conducted for Postdoc position in a sponsored project, funded by MHRD, DST, SCL, Mohali (ISRO).
Title of the project: Development of Indigenous Photoresists Technology for Semiconductor Industries: Impact on Indian Economy, Skilled Manpower Development and Employment Possibility
Funding: Funded by MHRD and SCL, Mohali (ISRO)
- This is a high profile dynamic project for the development of organic and hybrid organic-inorganic polymers for semiconductor industries, particularly for chip fabrication by nanolithography.
- The postdoc will conduct research at IIT Mandi.
- Travel to other countries may be required for various experiments at their facilities.
- Travel is required to various facilities in India for conducting various different requirements for the projects in addition to overseas.
- Opening of flowing post: Postdoctoral fellow (Fellowship: Rs. 45000-80000/month, depending on experience, performance etc)
- For postdoc: PhD (awarded or thesis submitted) in relevant areas.
- Innovative synthetic chemist/synthetic polymer chemist with capability to scale up in multigrams/kilograms.
- Optimization for batch reactions.
- Strong instrumentation background in characterization of monomers and polymers would be a plus.
- Synthetic chemist should have elaborate knowledge of NMR and IR spectroscopy.
- Person with knowledge in metal nanomaterials synthesis (preferably at the range of 1-10 nm) and surface functionalization, blend preparation and complete characterization. Knowledge of thin film characterization and optimization will be a plus.
- The position mentioned above require the ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic group.
- Person with some industry experience in relevant area may get preference.
- The Co-coordinators have the discretion to decide uopn the number of candidates to be selected or not to select anyone for this post.
The interested candidates may contact us for Skype interaction before walk-in interview. Principal Investigators: Dr. Subrata Ghosh, Dr. Pradeep Parameswaren (Co-PI) Dr. Satinder Sharma (Co-PI) Associate Professor, IIT Mandi Prof. Kenneth E. Gonsalves (Consultant) Visiting Distinguished Professor, IIT Mandi
Time Duration: 12-24 Months
Age Limit: As per the Institute rule.
How to contact:
- Interested and eligible candidates may write us to photoresistIITM@gmail.com and copy to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- The interested candidates may have to arrange three (03) letters of reference. For further information, contact: email@example.com, 09459527580
Date of walk-in interview: January 8th, 2018
|Organization||Indian Institute of Technology Mandi (IIT Mandi)|
|Subject areas||Science & Engineering|
|Salary||As per Gov. norms|
|Eligibility||PhD in relevant discipline|
|Deadline||January 8th, 2018|
- Total Jobs 9 Jobs
- Address India