The Instituto de Medicina Molecular João Lobo Antunes (iMM João Lobo Antunes) opens a call for a Research Fellowship, with the funding support from Institut Pasteur Awards 2018.
About the position:
- The selected fellow will be responsible to study molecular mechanisms involved in host-parasite interactions in the context of Plasmodium infection during liver stage of infection.
- The selected fellow will be involved in further elucidating the mechanisms that ensure the survival of the parasite inside host hepatocytes by further elucidating the components of the parasitophorous vacuole membrane.
- The chosen candidate will develop his/her own research project, but also collaborate with other researchers of the Unit.
- The Mota Lab of IMM focuses on the studies of host-parasite interactions, especially Plasmodium, the causative agent of Malaria.
- Candidates must have experience in research on malaria. He/she should also have a high-quality publication record, and show a record of being able to develop research projects independently.
- Master’s in the field of Biology, Biotechnology Biomedical Sciences or related (mandatory requirement)
- Experience malaria research; animal models of malaria, namely P. berghei; personal license to work with Laboratory Animals equivalent to FELASA Category B (mandatory).
- Experience with biochemistry techniques for identification of protein-protein interactions.
- Excellent knowledge of English, spoken and written.
Duration: 6 months, renewable for equal periods, on an exclusive basis, not exceeding the eligible period of the project.
Starting Date: September 2019
Following documents to be attached to the application:
- Motivation Letter
- Detailed CV
- Sc. degree certificate
- Applications should be sent to iMM Human Resources through the email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference of fellowship (mandatory) Reference of Fellowship IMM/BI/49-2019
|Organization||INSTITUTO DE MEDICINA MOLECULAR JOÃO LOBO ANTUNES|
|Subject areas||Biology, Biotechnology Biomedical Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||3rd September 2019|