The International Max Planck Research School in Chemical and Molecular Biology (IMPRS-CMB) is inviting applications form talented and motivated PhD candidates from around the world. The IMPRS-CMB is a joint program between the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology (MPI-MP), the Technical University (TU) Dortmund, the Ruhr University Bochum (RUB) and the University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE).
Biochemistry: biophysics • cancer biology • cell biology • chemical biology • drug discovery • molecular biology • network biology • stem cell biology • structural biology • synthetic biology • systems biology
Topics and methods on offer include:
Bacterial toxins • cell signaling • cellular stress • chemical synthesis • cryo-electron microscopy • genetic engineering • identification of small molecule targets • neurodegenerative diseases • organelles and interorganelle communication • phase transition • post-translational modifications • protein-rna interaction • proteostasis • small molecule modulators • stem cell differentiation and renewal • ultrastructure of muscles
- Candidates are expected to have excellent academic scores, prior research experience but most importantly commitment and enthusiasm to face the many challenges of a PhD project.
- Applicants must hold (or expect to hold prior to the start of their PhD) a University Master Degree in one of the following disciplines (or a related field): Biology, Biochemistry, Life Science, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Medicine
- Applicant must possess good command of spoken and written English. Formal proof of English proficiency (such as TOEFL, IELTS) is not mandatory but recommended.
- fully-funded PhD positions,
- an international and exciting working atmosphere,
- state-of-the-art research facilities,
- an integrated training program that includes lectures, advanced scientific workshops, complementary skill courses and career development activities,
- a mentoring program to guide and promote young scientists
How to apply:
- apply online
International Max Planck Research School in Chemical and Molecular Biology (IMPRS-CMB)
|Subject areas||Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Engineering, Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||13 April 2020|