The International Max Planck Research School for Environmental, Cellular, and Molecular Microbiology (IMPRS-Mic); the graduate school for Microbiology of the Max Planck Society, offers a fully-funded three-year PhD programme. The IMPRS-Mic is a joint initiative of the Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology and the Philipps-Universität Marburg.
Duration: 3 year
- Molecular & Cellular Microbiology
- Microbial Metabolism
- Microbial Diversity & Evolution
- Microbial Biogeochemistry
- Microbial Ecology
- Microbial Genomics
- Microbial Symbiosis
- Modelling of Microbial Systems
- Plant-Microbe Interactions
- Structural Biology
- Synthetic Microbiology
- Systems Microbiology
- Successful candidates may start their PhD projects in the summer of 2021, but not later than October 2021
- Applicant must be highly qualified and motivated with a strong interest in microbiology
- Applicant must hold Master’s Degree or equivalent in Natural or Life Sciences, biology, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, microbiology, bioinformatics, chemistry, physics or related fields to apply.
- The programme is international and open to all students
- Applications will be considered even if the degree is not conferred until the programme starts in autumn of the respective year.
- Applicants holding an extended (at least 4-year) Bachelor degree may also qualify for the admission to the programme, but as a rule they need to attend additional courses at the Philipps-Universität Marburg.
- Applicants need to have good working proficiency in English.
- interdisciplinary training in a vibrant, international scientific community
- access to state-of-the-art research facilities equipping students with expertise and opportunities to embark on their own scientific journey
- cutting-edge PhD project is complemented by seminars and lectures, scientific and soft skill workshops
- international conferences and retreats
- Apply online via the online application system.
Prof. Dr. Victor Sourjik
Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology|
|Subject areas||Microbiology, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Fully funded|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||January 31, 2021|
Application portal is now OPEN (from 1st December 2020)!!!