The International Max Planck Research School for Quantum Science and Technology (IMPRS QST) invites applications for PhD positions. The IMPRS is a joint program of the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics (MPQ), the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) and the Technical University of Munich (TUM).
Fields of Research
- different areas of physics, chemistry, mathematics & computer science, and material science, organized in four specialist subjects:
- Atomic Physics and Quantum Optics
- Solid State Physics and Material Science
- Quantum Information Theory
- Quantum Many-Body Physics
- Excellent and coherent graduate program in quantum science, including basic and specialized courses, annual summer schools.
- The program also includes soft skills courses, industry contact, and an international and interdisciplinary environment in strong exchange with partner programs and centers.
- All PhD positions are funded and there are no tuition fees.
- Applicant must be talented and motivated with interest in atomic physics, quantum optics, solid state physics, material science, quantum information theory, and quantum many-body systems.
- Applicants must have a Master’s degree (or equivalent) before September 2018.
- File an online Application. Upload the following documents:
- Letter of interest and intent
- Degree certificates and transcripts of current and previous studies
- English Language Test certificates, certificates for any scholarships, prizes or awards received (If applicable)
- Indicate two referees who are able to assess your personal and academic background.
International Max Planck Research School for Quantum Science and Technology (IMPRS QST)
|Subject areas||Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Material Science, Mathematics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||22 February 2020|