EIT Digital Doctoral School opens the call for recruitment of students to doctoral candidates. The EIT Digital Industrial Doctorate is a new PhD programme that incorporates scientific and technical research work with ‘hands on’ innovation and entrepreneurship training.
About the programme:
- It involves partner universities, institutes and companies and is implemented by EIT Digital DTCs.
- Geographical mobility (6 months) as well as an internship-based business development venture (6 months) are fully entrenched within the doctoral work.
- Applications are open to all students who are not yet enrolled in a PhD programme and keen on entering the EIT Digital Industrial Doctorate Programme.
Information on Open calls:
- Artificial Intelligence for autonomous driving: The EIT Digital Doctoral School offers an Industrial Doctorate position to foster Autonomous Driving. The doctoral candidate will seek to apply Artificial Intelligence techniques to advance the deployment of Autonomous Driving with the support of EIT Digital Partners Centro Ricerche FIAT (CRF), Crysler Automobiles, and the University of Trento.
- Constructive recommendation systems for retailers: Retailers love to identify customers’ needs so they can respond to them. The newly opened Industrial Doctorate position is about helping in this. The PhD aims at developing a new generation of recommendation systems, leveraging on the larger data sets that are becoming available and leveraging on the increased product or service flexibility resulting from the Industry 4.0 revolution.
- Creating a collaborative platform for novel urban services: Urban service providers get lots of data from various sources. The problem is that these data have been designed independently of one another. So, urban service providers need a way to open up, analyse and exploit all these scattered urban data. The EIT Digital Doctoral School has an Industrial Doctorate position available to offer a collaborative plaza.
- Creating the data for vital urban living: Cities in Europe face challenges with traffic and pollution and so on. These challenges make it harder to live in the cities. Policymakers are searching for answers to the question what creates a vital urban life? EIT Digital finds this an intriguing question and wants to research how data can help answering it. Therefore, EIT Digital is offering an Industrial Doctorate position called City Enabler for Digital Urban Services (II).
- Vehicle to everything: leading the automotive world to 5G: Cars as we know them will not exist anymore in the near future. Instead we will see vehicles becoming part of a complex interconnected world. EIT Digital is committed to leverage the potentials of the future 5G network to accelerate the transition to digital cars and digital transportation. Therefore, the EIT Digital Doctoral School has opened a position for a three-year Industrial Doctorate.
How to apply:
- The applications must be submitted to the relevant partner university and DTC.
|Organization||EIT Digital Doctoral School|
|Subject areas||Relevant subject|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 August 2017|