The Center for Technology Licensing (CTL) at Cornell University is proud to launch its new Innovation Fellows program that will provide post-doctoral fellows and/or recent PhD graduates the opportunity to work full-time for a period of up to three years at CTL. The position will be based at Cornell’s main campus in Ithaca, NY – to either join the Life Sciences Team, or the Engineering/Physical Sciences Team.
Role and responsibilities:
- Outreach to Cornell researchers (faculty, staff and students) and scout potential technologies for commercialization, startup and partnerships by devoting significant time to meeting with researchers and participating in on campus seminars and events.
- Work with the team in assessing market potential of technologies by conducting market research and surveys of emerging technologies including market size, competition, barriers to entry, and trends. Perform marketing campaigns for selected cases and coordinate efforts in across different fields and disciplines.
- Prepare innovation roadmap to support IP protection, marketing and prioritization of different portfolios. Help move the technology to commercialization or facilitate startup formation with increasingly better understanding of the commercialization path.
- Support team for business development and business contracts – After gaining sufficient knowledge, engage in the negotiation and drafting of agreements for selected cases.
- Support forming business plan strategy for selected portfolios and help build network and ecosystem for startup formation and growth.
- Applicant must hold PhD in a STEM discipline.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, presenting, and writing) with different stakeholders from diverse background.
- Service-minded, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a demanding and collaborative environment that encourages critical, strategic thinking with proven ability to also work and learn independently
How to Apply:
Submit applications via email to Camila Fuhr Diel at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Innovation Fellow” in the subject heading, and include the CV, statement of interest, and letters of recommendation in a single PDF file.
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|