The Department of Biotechnology invites application for the Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award (IYBA). This is an attractive, career oriented scheme to identify and nurture outstanding young scientists with innovative ideas and desirous of pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology.
- 75,000/- per month (for those awardees who are not in regular employment)
- Awardees having regular employment will receive a cash award of Rs.1, 00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Only) every year during the period of the project.
- Applicant must have an excellent academic career and a track record of high impact peer reviewed publications or must have invented technologies evident by granted Indian and/or International patents.
- The proposed research project must be of very high scientific quality, should clearly reflect innovative thinking, clear objectives and execution methodology.
- Applicant must be an Indian national.
- Applicant must have secured Ist Class in all academic degrees from the graduate level onwards.
- Applicant must hold Doctoral degree in any branch of Life Sciences, Computational Sciences (applied to Biotechnology, Medicine or Biological Sciences), Veterinary Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Agricultural Sciences. Master degree holders in Medicine or Dentistry (MD/MS/MDS or IMC designated equivalent) and Engineering/Technology (M.Tech or AICTE designated equivalent
- Cumulative publication of 6 as first or corresponding author or two granted Indian patents or one granted International patent.
- Applicant must not exceed 35 years of age at the time of submission of the application.
- Fresh PhD’s are strongly encouraged to apply if they meet the mandatory requirements. Age relaxation of 5 years is made for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Women and Physically Handicapped Category.
Duration: normally for 3 years (subject to satisfactory progress); may be extended by 2 more years (maximum 5 years).
Number of places: Based on scientific merit the expert committee may recommend up to a maximum of 25 such applications for the IYBA.
Presentation of the Awards: The awards are presented to the selected candidates at a formal function organized by DBT.
|Organization||Department of Biotechnology (DBT)|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Computational Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Agricultural Sciences
|Fellowship amount||Upto 1 Lakh|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
Application portal is now OPEN!!!
- Name of Organisation Field Value