The Indian National Academy (INSA) HONORARY SCIENTIST PROGRAMME, India
Description: The Indian National Academy instituted the INSA Honorary Scientist Scheme in May 2000. In continuation to involve and utilize the expertise of active superannuated Fellows of the Academy involved in research. This contributes to the growth of science by working from their residence like preparing monographs/books and other publications. The awardee will be entitled as ‘INSA Honorary Scientist.
Disciplines: All Disciplines.
Qualifications/ Eligibility: Retired INSA Fellows working in India. The age limit for INSA Senior Scientists is 75 years.
- The term will be initially for a period of three years. It is extendable for another two years after a review of the performance.
- The candidate has to join within six months.
- The position is operated only through the organization to which the fellow is affiliated.
Salary / Fellowship: The contingency grant is Rs1, 00,000/- per annum. The contingency grant can be utilized for the purchase of equipment required for research (Computer/ Laptop/ iPad, Printer, Scanner, Camera, secretarial assistance, stationery, communication, travel).
- INSA Fellows may nominate themselves or other superannuated Fellows for the position of Honorary Scientist.
- Candidates can write to the President INSA
- Attach curriculum vitae
- Projected plan of work
- Letter of acceptance from the host institute, if intends to work through an institute (this certificate is not required if the scientist intends to operate from home).
|Organization||Indian National Science Academy (INSA)|
|Fellowship Level||INSA Honorary Scientist|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Fellowship||Rs 1,00,000/- per annum|
|Eligibility||Retired INSA Fellows working in India|
|Deadline||Open until position is filled|