NSA SENIOR SCIENTISTS PROGRAMME
The Program is called the INSA ‘Senior Scientist Program’ and the Awardee is called ‘INSA Senior Scientist’.
The objective of the program is to utilize the expertise of INSA Fellows after superannuation to continue to work in the area of his/her choice in an R&D centre/university/institution in India.
Qualifications / Eligibility:
- Superannuated INSA Fellows working in India.
- The upper age limit to apply for INSA Senior Scientists will be 75 years.
- Fellows having any position with Honorarium/Fellowship/ Salary will not be eligible.
Number: The maximum number is restricted to 85.
Tenure: The term Senior Scientist is for a period of three years, extendable for another two years after a review of the performance during the past three year period.
Fellowship: The honorarium of INSA Senior Scientist is Rs. 30,000/- p.m. and the contingency is Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum.
Nomination and Selection:
- Proposal in the prescribed form for the Senior Scientist position will be invited from the Fellows of the Academy in the first week of May preceding the year of the award.
- The proposal duly completed in all respects, signed, and routed through the Head of the Institution where a scientist intends to work, should be sent to the Academy so as to reach by 15 June.
- The proposals received will be examined by the Science Promotion Committee.
- The recommendations of the Committee will be considered and selection be made by the Council at its meeting to be held in October.
|Organization||Indian National Science Academy (INSA)|
|Fellowship Level||Scientist (Senior Scientist’)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Monthly Fellowship: Rs. 30,000/- p.m.
Contingency: Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|