Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse (IAST) is inviting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year for Visiting Fellowships from researchers within a large range of disciplines. The aim is to be the home of academic experimentation and freedom, where top-flight researchers are able to explore new territory in a cross-disciplinary direction and interact with visitors in an exciting environment.
- History: quantitative economic history (cliometrics), empirical political economy in history, qualitative economic or social history.
- Evolutionary biology: theoretical models of evolution (applied to family structure, strategic interactions, plasticity, cognition, learning, cultural evolution); related empirical work.
- Anthropology: human biology, life history theory, human development and plasticity, health and infectious disease, aging, demography, host-parasite co-evolution, diet and nutrition, global health, evolutionary medicine and genetics.
- Political science: public opinion and public policies, political economy, political institutions, development, experimental political science, studies of networks and their impact on individual and collective action.
- Law: law and economics, corporate governance, criminology.
- Psychology: cognition, the emotions, social trust, gender, group decision-making.
- Sociology: network formation, the impact of networks on social outcomes, sociology of religion.
- Applications from economists are also encouraged, but successful applicants will have demonstrated an interest in, and a commitment to, at least one of the other non-economics disciplines of IAST.
- IAST invites scholars already employed in a permanent position by another research-active institution for visits ranging from 1 month to 1 year, during the next academic year 2020-21.
- The group is interdisciplinary and international, and scholars are expected to pursue their own research.
- A completed doctorate or equivalent is required of all applicants.
Fellowship value: reimbursement of travel and housing expenses
Application to be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and each application should include:
- Project proposal (maximum 2 sides of A4, indicating whether you consider interactions with resident IAST researchers)
- Period and length of visit (please be as precise as possible, for our office organization).
*Applications for shorter periods are welcome at any time but will be subject to space availability.
|Organization||Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse (IAST)|
Evolutionary biology, History, Sociology, Economics, Psychology, Law, Political Science, Anthropology
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|