Institute of Life Sciences (ILS): It is an Autonomous Institute under the Dept of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology (MST), Govt, of India. Announcement for the Ph.D. PROGRAMME at the Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar.
The institute is engaged in advanced research in modem biology invites applications from Indian nationals for Ph.D. program.
Research Areas for the PhD program:
- Cancer Biology
- Infectious Disease Biology
- Plant Biotechnology & Human Genetics
The name of the faculties who are interested in taking students through regular Ph.D. program of ILS or through their extra mural projects are listed below under the respective research areas.
Dr. Soumen Chakraborty, Dr. Rajeeb K. Swain and Dr. Amol Suryawanshi
Infectious Disease Biology:
Dr. Durg V. Singh, Dr. Satish Devadas, Dr. Soma Chattopadhyay, Dr. Narottam Acharya, Dr. Tushar K. Beuria and Dr. Gulam H. Syed
Plant Biotechnology & Human Genetics:
Dr. Birendra P. Shaw, Dr. Nrisingha Dey and Dr. P.V. Ramchander
All selected candidates will be eligible for JRF fellowship as per Gov. of India norms.
- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade point).
- Candidates awaiting final results may also apply, however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
- Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGC-RGNF or ICMR-JRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE or GPAT. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along with the application.
- The candidate should be below 28 years in age, as on 10th May, 2019. An age relaxation of five years in the case of SC/ST/women/PH candidates and three years in the case of OBC candidates will be given (as per Govt. of India rules).
|Organization||Institute of Life Sciences (ILS)|
|Fellowship Level||PhD / JRF|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||As per UGC norms|
|Deadline||10th May 2019|