Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship at IIT Madras has been sanctioned by the Senate.
- PhD degree (within five years after completion of Ph.D).
- Age: not more than 35 years (age relaxation for women and reserved category by 5 years)
- PhD scholars after submission of thesis are also eligible to apply for Institute PDF posts.
- Provisional degree or certificate needs to submit in case candidate has not been awarded degree within 6 months from the date of appointment as Institute PDF.
- IITM Ph.D scholars are not encouraged to apply for Institute PDF. Nevertheless, outstanding candidates on merit can apply in exceptional cases which will be considered by the Department Standing Committee.
Application Processing & Interview:
- Applications received will be forwarded to Departments to shortlist the candidates to be called for interview.
- Soft copy of the interview call letter (with format for TA claim & NOC) will be sent to Department.
- Candidates called for interview may apply for reimbursement of II AC to and fro by shortest route.
Selection & Offer:
- The selection is done twice a year.
- After getting the approval from the competent authority, the offer will be sent by the Department along with the Medical History form and Relief Certificate.
Duration And Joining:
- Duration of the fellowship will be for 2 years initially which can be extended for further for one more year based on the progress of the PDF and the recommendation of the Department.
- After joining as Institute PDF, the PDF has to give joining report.
- Apart from the research work, postdoc fellows will also be encouraged to write funding proposals.
- Postdocs are generally not engaged in teaching, unless the scholar himself/herself wishes so.
- Postdocs will be attached to the mentor only for administrative purposes. He/She will work ‘with’ the mentor rather than ‘under’ the mentor.
- Postdocs will have independence to change the course of research.
- Postdocs will be eligible to be co-guide for B.Tech/DD/M.Sc./MA and M.Tech projects along with the mentor.
|Organization||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Rs.45,000-55,000/- consolidated|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian PhD holders|
|Deadline||Rolling (selection twice a year)|
- Name of Organisation Field Value