Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica (ITQB NOVA) invites applications for 6 PhD positions for PhD Program in Plant Sciences. The program is funded by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia with six PhD fellowships (two national and four mixed) for 2018.
About the positions:
- Mixed fellowships (students can stay up to two years in an associated foreign lab) are only available for students with proved permanent residency in Portugal.
- Students with other sources of funding may also be admitted.
- This PhD program provides a high quality and state-of-the-art training to exceptionally motivated students.
- PhD candidates enrolling in this Program will receive comprehensive and multidisciplinary training required to carry out state-of-the-art research at the interface of various disciplines in plant sciences.
- Applicants with agronomical and biological sciences or areas that interface with these fields are eligible to apply to the PlantsforLife PhD Program.
- Applicants with non-Portuguese academic degrees, will only be considered upon recognition by Direção-Geral do Ensino Superior or by a Portuguese Higher Education Institution, according to the applicable legislation (Decreto-Lei n.º 341/2007, de 12 de outubro, and Decreto-Lei n.º 283/83, de 21 de junho). This recognition must be obtained by the application deadline.
- Applicant must hold a Master’s degree or legal equivalent; hold a Bachelor’s degree with a total number of academic credits equal or above 240 (pre-Bologna degrees); exceptionally, hold a Bachelor’s degree with a total number of academic credits below 240 (post-Bologna degrees) and an academic or scientific curriculum vitae of outstanding quality recognized by the Directive Board of the PhD Program.
- Applicant must possess good knowledge of English and must be supportted by the scores of internationally valid language exams (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS).
- Apply via online application platform. Applications to include the following documents:
- CV including personal and educational information (degrees, grades obtained, courses attended, research experience) and publications, if any;
- Personal statement including a description of scientific interests and career goals and reasons for applying to the Program;
- Detailed documentation of the academic record including certified copies of Diplomas/Certificates of relevant examinations (e.g. Bachelor’s and Master’s degree) in Portuguese or English or official academic transcripts in one of these languages; Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates including the final grade are mandatory.
- 2 reference letters and must be submitted online by the referees.
|Organization||Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica (ITQB NOVA)|
|Subject areas||Agronomical Sciences, Biological Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||24th January 2019|