Ph.D. positions are available at the Department of Economics. The appointments are for a period of three years without teaching duties. However, the period of appointment may be extended for up to 1 year conditional on the candidate taking on teaching duties.
Applications from candidates in all fields of economics are encouraged and in particular in fields where the department has a strong research base and supervision capacity. These positions are not linked to specific topics or research projects.
- Proven academic record: Applicants must hold two years Master’s degree (including master’s dissertation) or equivalent qualification in economics (120 ECTS).
- Applicants completing their Master’s degrees (or equivalent) in the spring semester 2020 before August 1, 2020, may apply.
- Applicants who have already completed economics courses at the postgraduate level in econometrics, microeconomics and/or macroeconomics will have a distinct advantage in the ranking of candidates, but strong candidates who lack this background can also be accepted and will be required to take such courses as part of the Ph.D. program.
- Applicants with a degree from another institution than the University of Oslo will need to document qualifications based on detailed course descriptions and syllabuses.
- Applicants, who have completed a PhD program in Economics, will not be accepted.
- Applicants who have already been accepted to a Ph.D. program in Economics must inform about this.\
- GRE test: For applicants with education from an institution outside the European Economic Area/the European Union or Switzerland a recent score from the general GRE test is required as part of the documentation of qualifications.
- Please add University of Oslo as a recipient of your GRE test using our institutional code 0756. In addition, you must scan and upload a copy of your test result to the application portal. The Department of Economics does not accept the GMAT tests to substitute the GRE.
- Proof of proficiency in English: A good command of English is required of all applicants. International students must document their proficiency in English by taking either TOEFL- or IELTS-test. For information about score requirements, see Requirements for admission to the PhD program in Economics
For further information, please visit the Faculty of Social Sciences’ homepage for the PhD program: Applying for a PhD fellowship at the Faculty of Social Sciences
- Salary NOK 479 600 – 504 700 per annum depending on qualifications
- Academically stimulating working environment
- A comprehensive course curriculum
- Supervision by one or two academic supervisors
- Attractive employee benefits (e.g. parental leave)
- Favorable pension benefits
- Fellows will be provided with their own office space and will have access to all the facilities of the department
|Type of Position||PhD|
|Closing date||1st February 2020|
|Contact||Department of Economics University of Oslo|