The Higher School of Economics (HSE), Laboratory for Complex Systems Modeling and Control in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of numerical mathematics, complex systems and optimization, mathematics in astrophysics, prediction of extremes. The scientists of the laboratory pursue fundamental and applied research questions in various areas and foster the collaboration of mathematicians, physicists, economists, and computer scientists.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Applicants must hold a recent PhD in the field of mathematics, applied mathematics, computer science or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university
- Applicants should have a strong background in applied mathematics; ability to work in a team.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Vasily Gromov / Viktor Popov / Andrei Sobolevski / Alexander Shapoval;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on the Lab for Complex Systems Modeling and Control research projects including topics:
- Regime changes in solar activity
- Reconstruction of the meridional flow in the Sun
- Predictability of self-organized critical systems
- Development of intelligent analytical services to perform short-term space weather forecast
- Analysis of synchronization with the differential equations of the van der Pol and Kuramoto types
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab;
- participation in the events of the Lab and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
How to apply
Candidates must be submitted online. Please provide
- a CV,
- a statement of research interest
- and a recent research papersubmitted via an online application form.
- At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com before the application deadline.
Please note that direct applications to the hiring Centre for Sociocultural Research may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship – Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Laboratory for Complex Systems Modeling and Control – official web-site of the Lab or contact Vasily Goncharenko directly
- about international specialists’ life in Moscow – International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Closing date||February 9, 2020|
HSE, Applied Mathematics, Applied Mathematics Postdoctoral position, Laboratory for Complex Systems Modeling and Control