Rationality is central to many disciplines, including philosophy, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, and economics and is inviting applications for International Rationality Summer Institute 2018.
Duration: IRSI2 is a 12 days event; September 2 to September 14
- The funding for the course is by VolkswagenStiftung
- Selected candidates will receive a full stipend covering the participation fee, board, and lodging
- The stipend will also cover traveling costs (within different limits depending on whether the student travels from Germany, Europe, or farther away—the limits will be communicated to the successful applicants in due time)
- The Summer Institute invites applications from doctoral students and early-stage postdocs from psychology, philosophy, cognitive (neuro)science, economics, and any related field.
- Advanced students with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of these disciplines and an outstanding interest in the topic are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have a genuine research interest in human rationality.
- Applicant must possess good command of the English language.
- International diversity
How to apply:
- Apply online (in English) upload the following documents (in one single PDF document):
- A statement of interest, explaining background and why you would like to participate in IRSI2 and what you expect from your participation (max. 2 pages)
- CV, including a list of publications (if applicable)
- Scans of certificates (Master’s degree and/or PhD certificate; Bachelor’s degree [only if it is currently the highest degree]; include a translation of documents which are not in English or German including information on the respective grading system
- A detailed estimate of traveling costs
- A title and a 100-words abstract for own research project, that connects your work to the Summer Institute, and which you will present at the Young Scientists’ Forum.
- 2 letters of recommendation, to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Fellowship Level||Summer School|
|Subject areas||Psychology, Philosophy, Cognitive (Neuro)Science, Economics|
|Fellowship amount||Fully- funded|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1st April 2018|
- Total Jobs 7 Jobs
- Address Germany