UBC Canada invites application from international students to pursue undergraduate degree program at the University of British Columbia in Canada.
International Leader of Tomorrow Award-winners receives the costs of their tuition fees, and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs.
UBC is one of the world’s leading universities, creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people of British Columbia, Canada, and the world.
Award is available to pursuing undergraduate degree level at the University of British Columbia. Applicants may apply to any of the courses offered by the University of British Columbia.
To be considered for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, applicants must:
- Be applying for their first undergraduate degree
- Have an outstanding academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- Be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- Be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- Demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree
- Be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or another university
- International students can apply for these awards.
How to Apply:
Nominees must also complete the online application for academic admission to UBC by December 1, Nomination packages must be postmarked by December and meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by January 31.
Although candidates to UBC can specify 2 program choices in their application for admission, an International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination will be considered only in relation to the nominee’s first choice program. Early application is encouraged, to ensure an application decision can be made in time for nomination consideration.