Invitation Fellowships for Research offered by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. It undertake programs that provide foreign researchers who have an brilliant record of research achievements with an opportunity to pursue collaborative research, discussions, and opinion exchanges with researchers in Japan. This program is intended to help progress the foreign researcher’s research activities while promoting science and internationalization in Japan.
CATEGORIES: Invitation fellowship has 3 categories:
- Long term (L): To call overseas researchers with outstanding records of research achievements to associate with Japanese colleagues in pursuing research through long term visits.
- Short term (S): To call overseas researchers with outstanding records of research achievements for short term visits to Japan and provide them chance for discussions, 2 opinion exchanges, lectures and various other activities related to research.
- Short term S (E): To call overseas researchers with exemplary records of research to Japan for purposes corresponding to those records, and to provide them opportunities to offer advice and cooperate in research activities throughout the host institution and also to give lectures or take other activities at other Japanese research institutions.
Subject areas of Research: Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences
- Scholars holding full time position in an overseas research institution and satisfy the requirements below
- Be a legal citizen or a permanent resident of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Researchers of Japanese background residing overseas must have lived in the other country for at least 10 years and been actively involved in research in that country throughout the period.
- Researchers (not Japanese national) in a position equivalent to a university professor, associate prof or asst prof in Japan.
- Overseas researchers who do not have above discussed criteria but earned their PhD degree six years or more prior of 1 April and are engaged in research in a university or non profit research institution.
- Researchers who are Nobel laureates or recipients of similarly high-level international awards with exceptionally brilliant records of achievements and who currently occupy a leading position in their subject field.
For Further Details: Click
- Name of Organisation Field Value
- Total Jobs 5 Jobs
- Address Japan