IPRS – International Postgraduate Research Scholarships, Australia: Applications are invited for masters and PhD courses at different universities in Australia. The application for IPRS grants is made directly to participating universities.
Who can Apply: Scholarships are open to
- International students of all countries (except New Zealand) and a
- Awarded for a period of 2years for a research masters degree or 3 years for a research PhD degree.
Objectives of the IPRS scheme are to:
- To attract top quality international postgraduate students to different areas of research and
- To Support Australia’s research effort.
IPRS scheme enables international students / scholars to undertake a postgraduate research in Australia and to gain experience with leading Australian researchers.
Emoluments: The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees and
- Health cover costs for scholarship holders, and
- Health cover costs for their dependants..
IPRS grant amounts
No. of grants: 330 IPRS
Cost Paid: $20m per annum.
For more information, email RBGrants@education.gov.au with “IPRS” as the subject line.
Note: It is important to note that the IPRS scheme is administered by individual universities on behalf of the Department of Education. Each university has its own application & selection process. Candidates are requested to contact the chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the IPRS scheme.
|Organization||International Postgraduate Research Scholarships|
|Level||Masters / PhD|
|Subject areas||All disciplines covered by the selected Universities|
|Eligibility||Open to Onternational students|
Further details: Contact details for participating universities and general information about courses offered in Australia may be obtained from the Study in Australia website.