IRTG, International Research Training Group 1911 offers 5 Doctoral research positions at the University of Lübeck. This university is a modern Life-Science University with ten educational programs including Medicine, Informatics, Medical Informatics, Molecular Life Science, and Infection Biology, Mathematics in Medicine and Life Science and Medical Engineering.
IRTG, International Research Training Group (1911) project “Immuno-regulation of Inflammation in Allergy and Infection“is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) offers a planned international doctoral program.
The main aim is to provide a global network of training and research centered on projects those have objectives at identifying new pathways that initiate, preserve and resolve persistent infectious and allergic diseases. The research curriculum is supplemented by a well thought-out qualification and cross-border administrative concept with defined training modules integrating student exchanges between the German and the US associated institutions.
5 PhD projects are starting April 1, 2016. The respective projects of the IRTG are:
- Interplay between myeloid and innate lymphoid cells determines asthma growth
- Immuno modulatory role of cell-derived particles in sepsis and Leishmania infection
- Regulation of antimicrobial neutrophil functions by small GTPases
- Neutrophil efferocyte interaction in immunity to M. tuberculosis infection
- The impact of Tr1 cells in aged mice on susceptibility and vaccination efficacy in tuberculosis
- Master’s Degree or equivalent with outstanding grades in Biology, Biochemistry or related sciences.
- Command on English language is essential.
- Payment will be according to the regulations of the civil service cooperative wage agreement.
- Candidate should be highly motivated and qualified with strong interest and background in Immunology.
- Women candidates are strongly encouraged.
- Differently able candidates with equivalent qualifications will be given inclination.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- List of Publications
- Proof of Research Experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Copies of all degrees and courses
- All above documents should be enclosed in one pdf file (max.4MB)
- Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||University of Lübeck|
|Subject areas||Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology|
|Deadline||18 March 2016|
For Further Details: Click