Applications are invited for an Isaac Newton Trust Rutherford Research Fellowship to be taken up at Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge.
- English (including Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic)
- Modern and Medieval Languages (including Linguistics)
Duration: The Fellowship will normally be tenable for 3 years from 1 October 2017.
- The primary duty of a Research Fellow is to pursue research.
- A progress report on the research will be required every year, and will be considered at an annual renewal.
- The Isaac Newton Trust Rutherford Research Fellowship recipient will normally be expected to undertake (for an additional payment) up to 4 hours of small group teaching every week.
- A guide (or supervisor) will be allocated throughout the period of the Fellowship.
- Recipient will be elected to a Fellowship of the College, with which certain responsibilities and privileges are associated
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Pre-PhD: £18,212 – £20,989; Post Doc: £19,828 – £22,249
- Rent-free single accommodation
- Allowance: £3,249 (paid to any Research Fellow not resident in College)
- small tax-free allowance to cover out-of-pocket expenses incurred in the entertainment of students
- annual allowance: £1000 for academic purposes
- Fellowships are open to graduates (women and men) from any university who have recently or are about to complete their PhD.
- Applicant would normally be expected to have completed not more than 5 years full time equivalent post-doctoral research.
- Applicants are required to submit research statement (max 1,000 words) outlining the work candidates would submit in support of their applications.
- Apply online
|Organization||Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Education, Language, Music|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||14 November 2016|
For Further Details: Click