IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
Early-career researchers from 21 Least Developed Member Countries of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are eligible for an ambitious new postdoctoral program offered by IsDB and TWAS.
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mauritania Mozambique, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone Somalia, Sudan, Togo Uganda, Yemen.
Duration: From 3 to 6 months
Age limit: 45
IsDB-TWAS Postdoc Fellowships are tenable at centers of excellence in developing countries, i.e. research institutions with a well-established track record in research and a demonstrated competency in a field relevant to sustainability science.
Fellowship Benefits: The selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance on the basis of the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food, and health insurance.
The fellowship will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD2,565 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
Topic / Research Areas
The Postdoc Fellowship program provides support for research projects in the following fields:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
Applicants for IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Ph.D. degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship program
- Age up to 45 years
- Has preferably Five years of experience in the field of research after the PhD
- Host Institute must be in a developing country
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute
- Must be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC
- Must be employed at an institution in home country
- Applications must be submitted only online via the link on the bottom of the webpage. Applications submitted by any other means will not be considered
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A researcher may only submit one application at a time and for only one kind of grant or fellowship (i.e. either an IsDB-TWAS Fellowship or a TWAS Research Grant or the OWSD Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowship).
For any queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 18 May 2020.
|Country||Selected Developing country|
|Subject areas||Natural sciences|
|Eligibility||Open for all developing countries|
|Deadline||18 May 2020|