IST Austria is inviting outstanding bachelor’s and master’s students from all over the world to join the ISTernship program. Students interested in basic research in the fields of Biology, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, Neuroscience and interdisciplinary areas, are encouraged to apply.
About the ISTernship Summer Program
- The ISTernship (“IST-” + “(int)ernship“) is a summer internship program for bachelor’s and master’s students who are looking to expand their scientific research experience.
- 30-40 students join the ISTernship program and work closely with the faculty or a lab member on a short research project.
- Upon arrival, ISTerns receive an introduction to research at IST Austria as well as an introduction to the IST Austria Graduate School.
- The program culminates with a research symposium, where ISTerns present their work to peers, faculty and lab mentors.
- Internships are full-time and will be conducted exclusively in English.
- Candidates must be enrolled Bachelor or Master of Science students in good standing at a degree granting institution.
- Candidates must have completed at least the fourth semester of their bachelor’s studies (before the respective start date).
- Candidates of all nationality or country of residence are eligible to apply.
Duration: 8–12 weeks
Starting dates: between May 15 and September 15
- Register online via online application portal
- Submit the letters of recommendation (by the referees) are also due by February 15, 2019.
Biology, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, Neuroscience
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 15, 2019|