The Institute of Science and Technology (IST) is seeking highly qualified candidates to apply for the ISTScholar PhD program. The ISTScholar is fully-funded PhD programme in the natural and mathematical sciences in a world-class research environment.
The PhD program is categorized by innovative training with a special focus on inter-disciplinarity, close supervision by outstanding faculty within small research groups, and access to state-of the art facilities.
- Applicant must hold bachelors or master’s degree in biology, neuroscience, mathematics, computer science, physics, and related areas.
- Applicants are expected to be proficient in English (written and oral).
- internationally competitive salaries co-funded by an EU Marie Curie-Sklodowska grant
- full health benefits
- subsidized on-campus housing in the Ist year
To complete your application, you will need the following:
- CV including educational history since high school, relevant work experience, additional qualifications, list of publications (if any), scholarships, awards (if any)
- Statement of purpose (1-2 page essay)
- 3 referees from persons who taught or supervised applicant’s work in academic setting
- Short-listed scholars will be invited to IST Austria for interviews and a campus visit in March 2016.
- Applications to be submitted online.
- For PhD applications: January 8, 2018 11:59PM CET, for a start in September 2017.
- Reference letters: January 15, 2018 11:59PM CET.
|Organization||Institute of Science and Technology (IST)|
|Subject areas||Biology, Neuroscience, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||January 8, 2018 (Application deadline is Jan 8 every year)|