ITFA – UVA: 2 positions in the area of theoretical and experimental Soft Matter Physics and Biophysics
The position is available at the Faculty of Sciences, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Institute for Theoretical Physics (ITFA) of the University of Amsterdam.
Vacancy number: 16-223
This initiative brings together a large number of researchers in soft matter physics and biophysics, but also experimental, theoretical and simulation groups from chem- istry, biology and informatics, as well as physicists from the near- by AMOLF institute. Moreover, the position will have ties with the Physics of Living Systems section at the Vrije Universiteit Amster- dam which has a focus on single molecule biophysics, (biological) material science, instrumentation development as well as physics of behaviour.
Research directions within the section include
- single molecule biophysics,
- theoretical biophysics focusing on behaviour as well as biological material science and biophysical instrumentation development.
- Work background and interest in the fields of Soft Matter Physics and/or Biophysics.
- PhD degree in Physics
- Ability and capacity to develop independent and vigorous programs of funded research.
Prof. E.J.G. Peterman, chair of the search committee
Working hours : 38 hours per week
How to Apply:
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com, stating the position you are applying for and vacancy number 16-223 in the subject line.
Applications must include:
- a cover letter,
- a curriculum vitae,
- a list of publications,
- a research state- ment,
- a teaching statement, and
- three names of referees who may be contacted by the selection committee.
Please make sure all your material is attached in a single pdf file.
|Organization||ITFA, University of Amsterdam|
|Salary||€3,399 to €5,288 gross per month
|Deadline||27 June 2016|