Institute for Data Valorization (IVADO) is offering Postdoctoral Funding Program to train future researchers, professors and, more broadly, future data science stakeholders, primarily in the areas of expertise of IVADO members: operations research, machine learning and decision science.
For Postdoctoral candidate:
- Applicant must intend to attend HEC Montréal, Polytechnique Montréal, Université de Montréal, McGill University or University of Alberta;
- Applicant must have earned their first doctorate fewer than five years prior to the date on which they are applying or intend to earn their first doctorate by the date on which the competition results are announced (June, 2020).
- Priority will be given to candidates who have had their main PhD outside Quebec.
- This measure aims to promote the attraction of talented international researchers.
- Candidate must hold a faculty position as a professor at HEC Montréal, Polytechnique Montréal or Université de Montréal;
- Professors at the University of Alberta and McGill University may act as supervisors providing they are full members of at least one of IVADO research groups (Mila, CIRRELT, GERAD, CERC Data Science, CRM, Tech3Lab).
- Eligible professors are assistant professors, associate professors, full professors, research professors or visiting professors. Adjunct professors are not eligible.
- Candidate must not have acted as the applicant’s PhD supervisor or co-supervisor;
- Only submit one application to the competition.
- Not supervise more than two postdoctoral researchers funded by this program (IVADO postdoctoral funding program) at the last possible start date for the funding (October 1, 2020).
Funding period: July 1st or October 1st.
Study areas: Data Science (Machine Learning, Operations Research and Statistics)
Apply via online portal and all applications must submit:
- A questionnaire to be completed on the platform WITH a common-language description of the project (maximum length of one page);
- An example of filled form is available here.
- CV (free format)
- PhD transcripts (as well as information on the grading scale when the transcript is issued by a non-Canadian university)
- Project description (maximum one page including references)
- Recommendations (a minimum of two and a maximum of three), including a letter downloaded directly from the postdoctoral supervisor (or potential postdoctoral supervisor)
- Confirmation from the partner (partnership funding applications only)
|Organization||Institute for Data Valorization (IVADO)|
|Subject areas||Data Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||April 13, 2021|