Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) is inviting applications from talented young researchers who have completed promising PhD theses to develop their scientific excellence. JAMSTEC announces call for applications for international postdoctoral fellowship programme.
About the programme:
- Selected candidates are expected to conduct scientific work independently on research topics of their own proposing or to proceed with research at JAMSTEC.
- Selected candidates will also have access to the necessary facilities and equipment at JAMSTEC during the contract period.
- A mentor will be designated to each JAMSTEC International Postdoctoral Fellow, who will facilitate his/her research activities and evaluate research progress each year.
Research areas: Natural science, Engineering, Oceanography, Earth Sciences and related
- Applicants must hold or expected to hold PhD in a related field by the date of employment.
- Applicant must not have obtained PhD degree more than five years ago. (Applicants, who earned a Ph.D. after April, 2013 will be eligible.)
- Applications are open to candidates of any nationality and gender
Any of the following JAMSTEC research sites:
- Yokosuka Headquarters,
- Yokohama Institute of Earth Science,
- Kochi Core Research Institute,
- Mutsu Research Institute
Number of positions: 10-15
Remuneration: Annual salary (paid in 1/12 equal monthly payments) JPY 5,250,000
Required documents (in English):
- A CV (1 copy). A valid email and home address must be provided.
- Contact information for two references
- A summary of your PhD Thesis (1 copy, 1 page).
- A summary of your research (1 copy, 1 page).
- Research plan at JAMSTEC (1 copy, up to 6 pages; you may use diagrams if necessary).
- Publication (achievement) list including thesis titles (1 copy).
- A list of competitive research funds awarded to the applicant (1 copy).
- Two (or fewer) representative publications (1 copy).
- A letter of recommendation from a senior research scientist (letter to be sent directly to JAMSTEC by POST or via e-mail)
- The required documents must be sent by POST or E-mail and should reach JAMSTEC on or before the closing date.
- If applicant is sending an application via e-mail, all files must be converted to PDF format. E-mail attachments can be up to 25 MB (details in the link below).
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
Sciences & Engineering
|Fellowship amount||JPY 5,250,000 (Varies as per current Institute regulations)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||November 4, 2021|
- Name of Organisation Field Value