Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) is inviting applications for four to five Young Research Fellows. The aim of these awards are to help talented young researchers who have completed promising PhD theses to develop their scientific excellence.
About the awards:
- Successful applicants are expected to conduct scientific work independently on research topics of their own choice or to become involved in research already being conducted at JAMSTEC.
- The successful applicant will also have access to the necessary facilities and equipment at JAMSTEC during the contract period.
- A mentor will be assigned to each JAMSTEC Young Research Fellow and will facilitate his/her research activities and evaluate their research progress each year.
- Natural Science
- Engineering Science
- Applicants are required to have been awarded or expect to have obtained a PhD in a related field by the date of employment. In addition, no more than 5 years may have passed between the last day of the fiscal year in which the applicants obtained a PhD and the date of employment (i.e., applicants who earned a PhD after April 2014 are eligible.)
- Persons of any nationality and either gender are encouraged to apply.
- Submit application online and upload the required documents:
- Summary of previous research (1 page)
- Research plan at JAMSTEC (up to 6 pages)
- Publication (achievement) list
- Letter of recommendation
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Natural science, Engineering Science|
|Fellowship amount||JPY 5,250,000 per annum|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|