Japanese Government; The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to international students who seek to study in graduate courses at universities in Japan as research students (either non-degree or degree students) under the Japan Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program.
Subject areas: All disciplines except medicine, dentistry or welfare science
- Nationality: Applicants must be citizens of country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. Candidates with dual citizenship (Japanese nationality and place of residence is outside of Japan) may apply
- Academics: Applicants must be a graduate from a Japanese university or have academic ability equal or higher to that of a Japanese university graduate.
- Japanese Language Ability: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan after coming to Japan. Applicants must also have the ability to do research and adapt to living in Japan.
- Health: Applicants must not have any mental or physical disabilities that would impede the pursuit of study at Japanese graduate school.
- max 2 years includes Six months Japanese language training period for awardees.
- If a awardee enrolls as a regular student in a master’s course, doctoral course, or professional graduate course for a degree after coming to Japan, regardless of the time of arrival in Japan the scholarship will be payable for a period necessary to complete the regular course (standard course period).
- Allowance: 143,000 yen
- Traveling Costs
- Tuition and Other Fees
|Fellowship Level||Research, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||143,000 yen + other perks|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Varies from country to country|
- Name of Organisation Field Value