Japanese Government Scholarships for Undergraduate, Masters, PhD, Higher Research and International Students 2020
The Japanese Government’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology offers scholarships for academic study in Japan to international students interested to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate, research or masters students under the Japanese Government Scholarship Program for the academic year 2020.
The purpose of the Japanese government scholarship is to deepen friendly tie and promote mutual understanding between Japan and other countries through the application of advanced knowledge regarding japan’s language and culture.
Eligible Field of Study:
- Social Sciences and Humanities: Social Sciences and Humanities-A: Laws, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese language, and others. Social Sciences and Humanities-B: Economics and Business Administration.
- Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry), Electrical and Electronic Studies (Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering), Mechanical Studies (Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture), Civil Engineering and Architecture (Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering), Chemical Studies (Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Textile Engineering), and other fields (Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Biotechnology), Medicine, and Dentistry.
- Agricultural studies (Agriculture, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Food Science, Fisheries), Hygienic studies (Pharmacy, Hygienics, Nursing), and Science (Biology).
Type of Scholarships
- Research students
- Undergraduate students
- College of Technology students
- Specialized Training College students
- Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. Moreso, an applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- Selection is conducted at facilities such as the Japanese Embassy /Consulate General located in the country of the applicant’s nationality.
- Allowance: The amount of the scholarship disbursement per month has yet to be determined.
- Transportation to Japan
- Transportation from Japan
- Tuition and Other Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be borne by the Japanese Government.
Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asian and other developing countries
How to Apply: See the “login to apply“ button below
|Organization||Japanese Government’s Ministry of Education|
|Fellowship Level||Bachelors, Master’s, Doctoral, Research|
|Subject areas||Engineering and Technology|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|