Jawaharlal Nehru University invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor available in various Schools/Special Centres of the University.
Applicants with good academic record, teaching and research experience and working in related areas, are encouraged to apply.
Total Number of positions: 271
- A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/ relevant/ allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET: Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the conditions.
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer- reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2, of UGC Regulations, 2018.
- An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2, of UGC Regulations, 2018.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and / or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate OR
- An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above)/industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ experience.
- Special Centre for National Security Studies
- SCHOOL OF ARTS & AESTHETICS
- SCHOOL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (SBT)
- SCHOOL OF COMPUTATIONAL & INTEGRATIVE SCIENCES (SC&IS)
- SCHOOL OF COMPUTER & SYSTEMS SCIENCES (SC&SS)
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING (SE)
- SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES (SES)
- SCHOOL OF LIFE SCIENCES (SLS)
- ATAL BIHARI VAJPAYEE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT AND ENTERPRENEURSHIP (ABVSME)
- SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES (SPS)
- SCHOOL OF SANSKRIT AND INDIC STUDIES (SSIS)
- CENTRE FOR STUDY OF LAW & GOVERNANCE (CSLG)
- SPECIAL CENTRE FOR MOLECULAR MEDICINE (SCMM)
- SPECIAL CENTRE FOR NANO SCIENCES (SCNS)
- SPECIAL CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF NORTH EAST INDIA (SCSNEI)
- CENTRE FOR AFRICAN STUDIES (CAS)
- CENTRE FOR CANADIAN, US & LATIN AMERICAN STUDIES (CCUS&LAS)
- CENTRE FOR COMPARATIVE POLITICS & POLITICAL THEORY (CCPPT)
- CENTRE FOR EAST ASIAN STUDIES (CEAS)
- CENTRE FOR EUROPEAN STUDIES (CES)
- CENTRE FOR INDOPACIFIC STUDIES (CIPS)
- CENTRE FOR INNER ASIAN STUDIES (CIAS)
- CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL LEGAL STUDIES (CILS)
- CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL POLITICS, ORGANISATION AND DISARMAMENT (CIPOD)
- CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE & DEVELOPMENT (CITD)
- CENTRE FOR RUSSIAN & CENTRAL ASIAN STUDIES (CR&CAS)
- CENTRE FOR SOUTH ASIAN STUDIES (CSAS)
- CENTRE FOR WESTASIAN STUDIES (CWAS)
- CENTRE OF ARABIC AND AFRICAN STUDIES (CAAS)
- CENTRE FOR CHINESE AND SOUTH EAST ASIAN STUDIES (CCSEAS)
- CENTRE FOR ENGLISH STUDIES (CES)
- CENTRE FOR FRENCH & FRANCOPHONE STUDIES (CFFS)
- CENTRE OF GERMAN STUDIES (CGS)
- CENTRE FOR INDIAN LANGUAGES (CIL)
- CENTRE FOR KOREAN STUDIES (CKS)
- CENTRE FOR LINGUISTICS (CL)
- CENTRE FOR HISTORICAL STUDIES (CHS)
Last date of Applications: 19 August 2019