Jawaharlal Nehru University invites applications for number of Backlog reserved (Rolling Advt. No. RC/04/2018) and Un-reserved (Rolling Advt. No. RC/05/2018) faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor available in various Schools/Centres of the University. Candidates with good academic record, teaching and research experience and working in related areas, are encouraged to apply. University also invites applications from candidates with research interests that are interdisciplinary.
Number of positions:
Associate Professor: 30
Assistant Professor: 03
Associate Professor: 22
Assistant Professor: 01
Pay scale: Rs. 37400-67000 (PB – 4) AGP Rs. 10000 (Pre-revised)
- PhD. qualification(s) in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications books and/or research/policy papers.
- Minimum 10 years of teaching experience in University/College, and/or experience in research at the University National Level Institutions/Industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), as set out in the Regulation, 2010/2016 (4th Amendment). OR
- An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline to be substantiated by credentials.
Interested candidates may send C.V, list of publications, achievements, name of three referees along with nomination of candidature from a leading/eminent person working in applicant’s area. Applicant must send all the information to email@example.com.
Pay scale: Rs. 37400-67000 (PB – 4) AGP Rs. 9000 (Pre-revised)
- Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline with a Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent or Accredited Research Institution/Industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published research/policy papers.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal
Pay Scale: Rs. 15600-39100 (PB – 3) AGP Rs. 6000 (Pre-revised)
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC.
- Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/lnstitutions.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Master’s Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
- The candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor are requested to submit a certificate to the effect that the Ph.D. has been awarded
- Applications will be accepted online only.
- The last date for the receipt of application is 8 May 2018
|Organization||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||8 May 2018|