Joint PhD programmes with the University of Hong Kong; National University of Singapore and the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
INTRODUCTION: About the Graduate School The Graduate School provides advice on a wide range of postgraduate funding opportunities and will, where possible, guide applicants to the most appropriate sources of funding for their degree programmes.
King’s-HKU Joint PhD Scholarship : Eligibility Criteria
- Be due to commence a full-time joint PhD programme run in collaboration between King’s College London and the University of Hong Kong
- Have applied to King’s College London as the home institution
- Have submitted all the required application materials by the funding deadline (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’ section below).
Key Considerations: Please note that:
- The scholarship cannot commence prior to September/October
- Students currently enrolled on a joint PhD programme are not eligible to apply
- The scholarship cannot be held on a part-time basis
- Applications for joint PhD programmes must be approved by both King’s College London and the University of Hong Kong before a formal offer can be made. As such, the process may take longer than for a single PhD programme. Students are able to apply for the scholarship whilst their application is being considered in order to meet the set deadline.
- If final acceptance has not been received by both institutions by the scholarship deadline, students must have at least obtained approval from the relevant faculty/department/division within King’s College London along with provisional agreement from a supervisor within the University of Hong Kong. Proof will be requested as part of the application process.
INSTRUCTIONS: you MUST:
1) First, apply to King’s College London for a joint PhD programme run in collaboration with the University of Hong Kong using the online admissions application (click the link at the end of the post).
2) Submit the online Joint PhD scholarship application form to the Graduate School by the funding deadline. Note that this should only be done after you have submitted a complete admissions application, including all necessary supporting documentation such as transcripts, references and English test results (if applicable).
Postgraduate & Graduate School Support Team Eva Broer, Head of Postgraduate and Graduate School Support Kelly Allwright,
Graduate School Administrator (Joint PhDs) Chan Sum,
Graduate School Administrator (Studentships & Communication) Lucy Newman,
Graduate School Administrator (Studentships & Quality Assurance) Ben Diette,
Graduate School Assistant
Tel +44 (0)20 7848 3865/4568/3389/4147/3376
|Organization||University of Hong Kong, National University of Singapore, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Level||Joint PhD programmes|
|Country||Hong Kong, Singapore, Brazil|
|Subject areas||All disciplines offered by the University|
|Eligibility||Masters, Open Internationaly|
|Deadline||31 March (Yearly)|