Joint PostDoc Position in Condensed Matter Theory
Overview: Joint PostDoc Position in Condensed Matter Theory at University of British Columbia and University of Tokyo; Stewart Blusson Quantum Matter Institute (SBQMI), University of British Columbia (UBC) and Institute for Solid State Physics (ISSP), University of Tokyo (UTokyo) have one post-doctoral position in condensed matter theory as a part of activities of Max Planck-UBC-UTokyo Center for Quantum Materials.
Organization: The successful candidate will be employed at SBQMI, UBC (hosted by Marcel Franz) and expected to spend significant period of time (3-6 months per year, at mutually convenient timing) at ISSP, UTokyo (hosted by Masaki Oshikawa) with full support of travel and local expenses for visits to ISSP.
- Outstanding person with a strong background in theory of quantum materials and overlapping research interest with both hosts, such as topological phases and quantum dynamics in many-body systems.
Project: The successful candidate will also enjoy interaction with other members of both institutes, including experimentalists.
Funding: The position will be funded by SBQMI and Japan Society for Promotion of Science KAKENHi Grant No. 19H01808 “Scaling of the fluctuation of polarizations and quantum dynamics in gapless phases” through ISSP.
Duration: The position is for two years starting fall 2020 and could be extended to the 3rd year.
- To apply, please provide: – Brief cover letter, including the names of those who will provide recommendations.
- Also please specify Franz-Oshikawa collaboration in the letter. – Curriculum Vitae, including full publication list; – A brief research statementt – 3 letters of recommendation (to be sent directly by your referees).
- The application materials should be submitted to email@example.com Application
- Deadline: February 15, 2020.
|Organization||University of British Columbia, University of Tokyo|
|Subject areas||Condensed Matter Theory: Quantum Materials|
|Salary||As per norms|
|Eligibility||PhD. in relevant subject|
|Deadline||15 February 2020|