Ghent University is offering the Junior & Senior Postdoctoral fellowships which are personal fellowship for a period of 3 years. The postdoctoral fellowships are intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career.
- There is a flexible bench fee available (4.000 – 10.000 euro per year).
Starting date: 1 October or 1 November of the year of selection
- Applicant must hold a PhD by thesis or a degree or a diploma or certificate recognised as equivalent in accordance with European Union directives or a bilateral agreement
- For Junior postdoc: Candidates may apply for a junior postdoctoral fellowship if his/her PhD was obtained not longer than 3 years before 1 October of the year in which the fellowship would start, or will be obtained at 1 June of that year at the latest
- For Senior postdoc: PhD was obtained minimum 3 years before and not longer than 6 years before 1 October
- Applicant must not have previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part)
- Applicant may apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- Applicant should contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university or research institute, who will be asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation (a standard un-personal letter).
- Complete online application
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|