K U Leuven Science scholarships: K U Leuven Science scholarships: Belgium
The Science@Leuven Scholarships for International Students are for motivated and talented international students who are interested in participating in an international master program of the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven.
Scholarship Location: Belgium
Host Institution: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium
Level of Study: Masters (MS) Degree
Fields of study:
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
• Master of Biology
• Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
• Master of Chemistry
• Master of Geography
• Master of Mathematics
• Master of Physics
• Master of Statistics
• Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialization Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleo environments can apply for the scholarship)
• Erasmus Mundus Master of Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling
• Erasmus Mundus Master Sustainable and Territorial Development
Number of Awards: Not specified.
Nationality: open for International students
Scholarship duration: Two-years
- The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year.
- The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage.
- The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
- For 2-year Master’s program the scholarship for the second master year will only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results in the first master year.
- Applicants who are non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD
- the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master program they are applying for
- the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master program at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
the applicants have had excellent study results during their former training
the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the program
How to apply: online
- The Applicants should apply for the Master program of their choice through the application form of the KU Leuven.
- However, they should mention in the application form that they want to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- The applicants need to register on the website of the scholarship after completing the application form on the official KU Leuven application page.
- The applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) deadline will only be considered for the scholarship.
- The applicants must meet all the requirements if they want to apply for the scholarship. They should NOT APPLY IF they DO NOT MEET all the requirements.
|Fellowship Level||Masters program|
|Subject Areas||All Disciplines|
|Fellowship Amount||Illustrated above|
|Eligibility||Open for International students|
|Deadline||1 March, 1 June|