Khorana Program for Scholars is offered by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep This Program provides opportunities to Indian students to pursue research at University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and partner universities in Summer 2019.
Duration of program: 10 weeks.
Scholarship value: Stipend, Airfare, Health Insurance
Program Schedule: May – July 2020
The Khorana Program is dedicated to:
- Provide encouragement to young scholars to undertake Research & Development.
- Enable students to carry out research at a premier University in the US
- Transform research into societal benefits
- Build a seamless scientific community between India and US
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Applicant must hold B.Tech/M.Tech and B.Sc./M.Sc. currently registered in recognized institutions of higher education in India in Biotechnology and allied areas.
- Pre-final year applicants registered in B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, M.Sc., MBBS in Biotechnology and allied areas (including agricultural, food, health and biomedical sciences) are may apply for the program.
- Final Year students and already pursuing Doctorate students are NOT eligible.
- Applicant must have scored CGPA- 8.0 or higher OR 80% and higher.
- Applicants s (preferably pre-final year) who shall be completing their degree program on or after May 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Apply online application and upload scanned copies of following documents:
- Latest mark-sheet/transcript
- Two Recommendation Letters.
- Recommendation letters can be sent along with the application form or if referees wish to give a sealed one, they may send it directly to email@example.com with Applicant’s full name in the subject line.
- Printed copies of the application form and supporting documents are not required.
Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology and allied Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||According to the norms|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 October 2019|