KNFL (Kingston Nano Fabrication Laboratory) is partnership between Queen’s University and CMC Microsystems, providing scholars with right to use to leading-edge equipment, methodologies, and expertise for scheming and prototyping micro-systems and nano-technologies. Lab is helping in achieving success in materials, microfluidics, micro/nano-mechanics, microelectronics, and photonics technologies.
KNFL is a joint in a national network of university-based micro/nano discovery labs. Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems (MEMS) and Microfluidic systems present many advantages such as size reduction and the potential to integrate a multitude of functions on a single unit while having the possibility of being mass produced at low cost. However, the micro device’s supply of electrical power still imposes obstruction since the energy source miniaturization has not kept pace. Almost all micro devices are currently powered by large and non-integrated power supplies such as usual button cells which finally compromise the advantages of efficiency.
About the project:
This research project is concerned with the micro-fabrication of components of miniaturized batteries and reactors. Especially, 3D structures should be manufactured in typical micro-fluidic substrates such as glass and PDMS to perk up the stability and performance of the miniaturized electrochemical power sources. Queen’s university has a new multi-million dollar nanofabrication facility KNFL.
- Doctorate in Chemical, Materials or Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Good understanding of clean room micro-fabrication and/or material printing on both firm and flexible materials.
- Familiarity in material characterization and electrochemical methods such as XPS, SEM, cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy etc. will be preferred.
- Independent, self-motivated work style
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills
- Journal publications in relevant subject.
How to Apply: mail CV and cover letter including two reference contact information to email@example.com Selected candidate will be interviewed by Skype.
|Subject areas||Chemical Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Deadline||Till the suitable candidate is selected|
For Further Details: Click