Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship (DSKPDF) Scheme was introduced by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in year 2007 on the recommendation of the Empowered Committee (EC)
- Candidates below the age of 35 year
- D. degreeor submitted their Ph.D. thesis.
- Candidates should identify Mentor / Supervisor for their postdoc Research work and must obtain consent for the guidance.
- After selection, the candidates holding Ph.D. degree will be directly awarded the PDF award.
- Those who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis will be awarded the ‘bridging, until they are formally awarded the Ph.D. degree.
Duration: The maximum duration would be three years. The fellowships will be awarded on yearly basis with a renewal/termination clause on the basis of PDF mentor/peer group appraisal.
The monthly stipend for these awards would be as follows
- Bridging fellowship: Rs. 34,100/-
- Normal fellowship: Rs. 43,400/-, Rs. 45,000/- and Rs. 46,500/- respectively for three years
- Higher fellowship: Rs. 46,500/-
- The Fellow is provided with a contingency grant of Rs. 1,00,000 p.a
Application process (How to Apply)
- The selection process will be open all the year round in ‘…as and when…’ mode and not restricted by any specified deadlines.
- Applications should be uploaded electronically on forms that can be found on the indicated website.
- There would be up to 300 to 400 such awards every year, (with a max. 1000 at its peak).
- Register and Login ID
- Enter some basic information about yourself and about your Degree.
- Upload your actual application form and documents by using the above Login ID and Password.
- Fill-in all the columns and attach the summary Ph.D. work,
- A summary of the proposed research work and
- Mentor’s CV in specified format
Application deadlines: Applications are accepted throughout the year.
|Organization||Kothari Postdoc Fellowships|
|Subject areas||Sciences and Engineering|
|Salary||As per UGC norms|
|Eligibility||PhD holders of Indian nationality|
|Deadline|| Accepted throughout the year:
No specific deadlines
- Name of Organisation Field Value