KSCSTE Fellowship Programme
About the scheme
This scheme is to promote and support M.Sc./M.Tech rank holders from the Universities in Kerala in Ph. D. work.
Core Disciplines: Research Fellowships are offered in the following subject areas:
- Mathematical Sciences,
- Life Sciences,
- Physical Sciences,
- Chemical Sciences,
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences,
- Engineering Sciences and
- Environmental Sciences.
Selection Procedure: The fellowship is awarded to eligible candidates after a test followed by an interview.
- To provide research training and to develop careers as scientists.
- To motivate fellows and impart the skills needed for them to become lifelong learners and for them to develop leadership skills and work effectively.
Who can apply?
- Candidates who have been awarded MSc/M-Tech
- Candidates should be from among the 1stTen Rank /Position holders from any of the Universities in Kerala.
- Age should not be more than 35 years.
- The fellowship carries a monthly stipend of Rs 20,000/- per month for the first two years and
- 25,000/- per month for the third year.
- Additionally there is an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- and HRA (10% of the Fellowship amount).
- The period of fellowship shall be for a period not exceeding three years.
Mode of Selection
- The fellowship is awarded to eligible candidates after an online test followed by an interview.
- Online Examination is introduced this year.
- The candidates will be ranked based on the marks obtained for the entrance examination and are shortlisted based on the cut off marks recommended by the KSCSTE Research Fellowship Committee for each of the subject area, candidates who have scored marks above the cut off will be called for an interview.
- The entrance examination carries two papers, Paper I is common for all candidates and Paper II is one of 7 subject areas chosen by the candidate.
- The list of shortlisted candidates will be published in KSCSTE website
Date and Place of Entrance Examination
Date:19 February 2017
Deadline: 08 February 2017
Basic Science Division
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE)
Sasthrabhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram
Pin 695 004
Ph: 0471-2548314, 2548254
|Organization||KSCSTE – Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment|
|Fellowship Level||Phd or Masters|
|Subject areas||Sciences and Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Rs. 25,000/- per month|
|Eligibility||Masters / University rank holders|
|Deadline||08 February 2017
How to apply