We are seeking a Lecturer in Geographical Information Science to join the Geography discipline in the School of Natural and Built Environment on a two year fixed-term contract or until 17 March 2023, whichever is soonest.
About the position:
- The successful applicant will become a member of a dynamic group of researchers in the School’s Centre for GIS and Geomatics.
- You will contribute to the research profile of the School by writing articles for submission to leading international journals, and by joining teams seeking funding for research.
- You will also develop innovative teaching materials and deliver engaging learning experiences for students.
- A key teaching theme will be on GIS and population geography; experience in this area is therefore essential.
- The post is supported by Belfast City Council and you will become a part of the Belfast area working group, undertaking and publishing policy-relevant research in collaboration with colleagues in the Centre for GIS and Geomatics.
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in a relevant area of Geography or allied Social Sciences.
- PhD in Geography or allied Social Sciences, with emphasis on geographical information science.
- A sustained research track record, to include published research which is REF returnable at 3* and 4* rating in top quality journals and refereed international conferences commensurate with stage in career.
- Evidence of applying for funding to enable research to be undertaken.
- Evidence of developing a research project.
Note:Please note on this occasion the University is unable to provide sponsorship for visa applicants for this particular post, as such applicants must hold the right to work in the UK to be eligible
How to apply:
- For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply.
- For further information or assistance contact The Resourcing Team, People and Culture, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN.
- Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on email@example.com .
|Organization||Queen’s University Belfast|
|Subject areas||Geography or Social Sciences,|